WIRE WEAVE BASICS 1: With 2 Base Wires
Registration Fee includes the class fee plus the kit fee.
Wire weaving is a set of techniques, similar to basket weaving, where you wrap thin weave wires around thicker base wires to create patterns and textures. You can then use these wire-woven strips to make all kinds of things, such as the framework to turn a cabochon or bead into a pendant, earring dangles, bracelets, bails, and the like.
In this class, we learn about
- materials needed
- using tools including chain nose, flat nose, and round nose pliers, flush cutters, wire straightener, ring clamp
- preparing the wire before weaving
- 5 different weaving patterns with some variation
- finishing off our wire-woven strip
- making a bangle bracelet using our wire weaving patterns
-we review oxidizing techniques