NOW ALSO AVAILABLE AS AN ONLINE TUTORIAL
To register online for the next date this class is offered, add course to your shopping cart, then continue with the checkout process. Select the WILL PICK UP AT BE DAZZLED shipping option.
Before registering, please review our online CALENDAR for upcoming, scheduled courses.
After you register, we will send you an email confirmation.
You may also register by phone (615-292-0610) or in-person at Be Dazzled Beads in Nashville.
How to price and sell your jewelry is a course designed to teach people how to realistically appraise their costs and how to fairly price their jewelry for resale. Attention is paid to how various costs -- materials, labor and overhead -- are calculated. A formula is provided which inter-relates these costs in order to calculate a price. Some discussion is presented about the differences in pricing strategy among retail-home studio, retail-store, wholesale, and consignment. In addition, the student is introducted to each stage of a comprehensive marketing strategy. Discussed are ways to introduce marketing into the student's own planning and selling processes.
SKILL LEVEL REQUIRED:
ORIENTATION TO BEADS AND JEWELRY FINDINGS
(All students are required to begin our curriculum with this ORIENTATION CLASS. The Orientation Class is offered once a month.)
- To teach how to calculate the cost components that go into making a piece of jewelry
- To teach how to apply a formula, using these cost components, in order to determine a fair minimum and maximum price for your piece of jewelry
- To teach how to evaluate whether your design and its associated costs fits with the price you think your market will pay for the piece
- To explain differences in pricing strategy among retail-home studio, retail-store, wholesale and consignment
- To rehearse the steps for marketing your jewelry
The major tasks are to learn how to calculate various costs underlying the design of a piece of jewelry, and to apply a formula which interrelates these costs in order to calculate a fair price for your piece
To learn each step of the marketing process, and how to relate marketing to your own goals for selling your jewelry
- cost assessment
- how to value your labor
- how to understand ways to manipulate your costs, given your market
- how to put into effect a comprehensive marketing plan and process
Calculate material, labor and overhead costs associated with design/manufacturing of a piece of jewelry
Apply a formula to calculate a fair minimum and maximum price
Understand what kinds of design changes must be made, if a price is deemed either too low or too high.
Pen and Paper
one or more pieces of jewelry that they would like to sell, or one or more pieces of jewelry which they purchased and want to evaluate the price paid
This class is typically offered once a year. However, it is available as an online video tutorial all the time.
VIEW OUR CALENDAR SCHEDULE ONLINE.
When registering online, select the WILL PICK UP AT BE DAZZLED shipping option.