To register online for the next date this class is offered, add course to your shopping cart, then continue with the checkout process. Select the WILL PICK UP AT BE DAZZLED shipping option.
Before registering, please review our online CALENDAR for upcoming, scheduled courses.
After you register, we will send you an email confirmation.
You may also register by phone (615-292-0610) or in-person at Be Dazzled Beads in Nashville.
This class provides how-to knowledge anyone needs to know to get started in the jewelry-making business. Discussed are (a) getting federal, state, local licenses and registrations, (b)setting up an accounting general ledger to track revenue and expenses, (c) record-keeping, (d)understanding what your costs are, (e) how to begin to understand your market and how to market, and (f) what the differences are between retail, consignment, and wholesale.
Students will learn basic steps in getting a new business off to a great start, including federal/state/local licenses and requirements, simple accounting steps, record-keeping, business model.
SKILL LEVEL REQUIRED:
ORIENTATION TO BEADS AND JEWELRY FINDINGS
(All students are required to begin our curriculum with this ORIENTATION CLASS. The Orientation Class is offered once a month.)
- To teach basic business how-to's for getting a jewelry-making business off to a great start
- To provide guidance on federal, state and local license and registration requirements and forms
- To provide a simple approach to creating an accounting general ledger in order to track expenses and revenues
- To discuss record-keeping requirements
- To explain the differences between retail, consignment and wholesale
- To discuss various "business models" that work for the single entreprenuer or small partnership
- To discuss how to understand your market
- completing federal, state and local registration forms
- creating a general ledger accounting system to track expenses and revenues
- defining your "business model"
How to register their business.
How to track expenses and revenues
How to define their "business model"
Pen and Paper
If you are having difficulty completing any particular busines form, you should bring that as well.
This class is typically offered once a year.
VIEW OUR CALENDAR SCHEDULE ONLINE.
When registering online, select the WILL PICK UP AT BE DAZZLED shipping option.